Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Color Inspiration: Cobalt Blue

I've never really been a blue person; at least that is what I've always thought.  If you were to ask me if I liked the color blue, I'd likely answer, "not particularly."  While sipping margaritas the other day, I changed my mind.  I was sitting with a friend at a Mexican restaurant and our margaritas were brought out in these lovely Mexican seeded-glass stems with cobalt rims.  The lime-green of the wonderful concoction inside looked perfect with the striking cobalt blue.  I was inspired.
Cobalt blue is a stunning color and such a great color for summer.  I usually associate blue with the drab color of medical waiting rooms or the cold icy blues of winter, but cobalt is electric, exciting, and fun.

I always think of Greece and their love of cobalt blue.  The blue doorways of Greek homes are stunning and cool against the crisp white stucco.

Just look at this vista of Greece and you can see where they get their inspiration.  The sea is cobalt!

Cobalt looks good on almost any skin tone.  I love this little cobalt blue satin dress Christina Applegate is wearing.  The color is amazing on her.


I, personally, probably wouldn't opt for an all-blue outfit, but I'd definitely wear these fun little flip-flops by Calvin Klein.  How cute would these be with a flowy white sun dress!
...And to complete the look, a blue orchid in your hair.


For a night out, I love this cobalt blue eye shadow and liner.  Stunning!

-The Panther







No comments:

Post a Comment